Completed
Last Updated: 27 Feb 2015 21:25 by ADMIN
Brandon Peterson
Created on: 02 Jan 2013 20:58
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Improve performance for large data sets bound to Kendo Mobile ListView
Listview scrolling becomes very laggy after more than 30 or so items are bound via endless scrolling or pull-to-refresh. In the article below by Chris Love he discusses Facebook's decision to abandon html5 for native apps and states the fault isn't necessarily with html5. He suggests techniques such as removing DOM elements when the markup is scrolled far out of view and not reachable with 2-3 flicks that could drastically improve performance for scenarios such as the Facebook infinite scroller. Would it be possible to implement a performance-enhancing technique such as this as a built-in feature of the KendoMobileListView scrolling? I have already made it a practice to never use With Blocks in my ListView item templates by assigning { useWithBlock: false } and would appreciate any other performance optimization options.

http://professionalaspnet.com/archive/2012/12/27/Don_2700_t-Make-Facebook_2700_s-Mistake_2C00_-Architect-for-the-Modern-World.aspx
3 comments
ADMIN
Brandon
Posted on: 18 Jul 2013 22:51
Done with our Q2 release
Troy
Posted on: 19 Jun 2013 02:15
This would include the ability to have fixed headers as well.
Shinji
Posted on: 16 Jan 2013 17:57
yeah.. this is a big problem on list view..
also i found that in Android listview always freeze 'ontouchstart'  and i found a warning in the logCat 'Miss a drag as we are waiting fir Webcore's response for touch down' if this both fixed.. listview would be enough to be called native like..