Unplanned
Last Updated: 21 Jan 2020 09:19 by ADMIN
Paul
Created on: 17 Oct 2012 15:12
Category: TreeView
Type: Feature Request
Be able to drag and drop from one to another treeview with copy instead of move
When drag and drop is enabled in a treeview, dragging a node from one treeview to another adds it to the other tree and removes it from the first. It would be nice if the move could also be specified as a 'copy' (leaving the source untouched).
6 comments
ADMIN
Maria Ivanova
Posted on: 21 Jan 2020 09:19

Hi everyone,

This is a great feature that will enhance the TreeView component and we will take it into consideration for implementing. 

Meanwhile you can refer to the following article giving explanation on how to achieve "copy node" between TreeViews.

Kind Regards,
Maria Veledinova
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Imported User
Posted on: 23 Dec 2013 00:24
Please add this functionality.
Thanks
praveen
Posted on: 22 Dec 2013 15:04
me too want this
Lixin
Posted on: 22 Jul 2013 14:42
I would like it too
Pravin
Posted on: 06 Apr 2013 20:20
i also wanted this functionality.  i am currently trying to figure out drag and drop from a tree having datasource like each node having 5 child nodes and 5th is the only one children that must be dragable (obviously node must be copied not moved) to other tree (the most important thing here is second tree is empty at first).
when second tree is empty treeview can not allow to drop an element node from first..
i am stuck here at first step only. i dont know how do get it running.
thanks
Brian
Posted on: 19 Feb 2013 17:32
Yes, would be very helpful.