Completed
Last Updated: 20 Apr 2017 14:27 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 07 Mar 2012 11:53
Category: UI for ASP.NET MVC
Type: Feature Request
Showing no data text inside Grid when there's no data
Ponder? its a basic usability Feature, Kendoui is supposed to be all about usability, surely this is Ponder? There should be a standard (easy/inbuilt) way to show that a grid data source has no records because that is the default opposite to a populated data grid. at the very least if data is empty then show "nothing" all mine does is leave the spinning ajax wheel running forever, so end users does not know, this means i have to write extra code just to implement this, so please consider this "feature"
14 comments
Imported User
Posted on: 20 Apr 2017 14:26
i getting wrong data in column for specific row  which should be empty in keno grid . record is more than  5000. but  data is changing when i reload the grid 
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 24 Jun 2015 15:44
Included in Q2 2015
Imported User
Posted on: 18 Dec 2014 11:47
Why this wasn't build-in from start? Pleas add this ASAP
Imported User
Posted on: 10 Dec 2013 12:00
Please implement this feature.. this is a must have feature lot of people looking for..
Vikram
Posted on: 08 Aug 2013 13:32
//LOI CODE WAS NOT WORKING FOR ME, MY WORKING CODE
function norecordscheck(e) {

var grid = $("#OrderGrid").data("kendoGrid");

var gridHasData = grid.dataSource.data().length > 0;

if (!gridHasData ) { 
grid.content.find('div').each(function () { 
$(this).hide(); 
}); 
grid.content.append('<div class="grid-no-data"><h1>No Data to Display</h1></div>'); 
} 
} 
//IN KENDO GRID 
.Events(events => { events.Error("error_handler"); events.Change("norecordscheck"); })
Imported User
Posted on: 18 Jul 2013 18:17
please implement this functionality as soon as possible
Imported User
Posted on: 03 May 2013 15:57
Yes i beleive this feature is necessary
Bryan
Posted on: 11 Apr 2013 15:39
Loi,  it doesn't appear your workaround works with Ajax binding, at least with regards to binding to the DataBound event of the grid.
loi
Posted on: 01 Oct 2012 23:46
While waiting for this feature to be implemented, here the workaround I wrote. Attach the following function to the grid's DataBound event.

function gridNoDataMsgDisplay(e){
        var grid = e.sender;
        var gridHasData = grid.dataSource.data().length > 0;
        var hasPager = false; //hasPager = grid.pager != undefined; 
        if (!gridHasData && !hasPager) {
            var columnCount = $(grid.thead.get(0)).children("tr").first().children("th").length;
            $(grid.tbody.get(0)).append(
		        kendo.format("<tr class='custom-no-data-row'><td span='{0}'>No data to display.</td></tr>", columnCount)
	        );
        }
    }
Vesselin
Posted on: 18 Sep 2012 20:11
Try this as a workaround. Unfortunately this targets a specific Grid. If you're using the MVC Extensions, the DataBound event sends more information and you can get a reference to the grid that called the even (hence have a generic even handler callback for all your grids). I can give you my original function that I use with my MVC extensions.
Vesselin
Posted on: 18 Sep 2012 20:11
And the actual code/fiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/yF6PU/1/
Andrew
Posted on: 27 Aug 2012 08:47
is there not a workaround for this while we wait? at least to tell me that the was no data so i can wright it our my self
Imported User
Posted on: 25 Aug 2012 19:53
Yes, would love this feature. 
loi
Posted on: 02 Aug 2012 16:39
Currently, a grid must use pager to see this "No items to display" message when there's no data. The issue is if a grid does not need nor have pager enabled would not see this no data text indicator.

Please consider showing the "No items to display" message INSIDE the grid, and the ability to set the text of this 'no data' string. This feature is very helpful in grids that display search results.

Thanks.