Completed
Last Updated: 27 Feb 2015 21:25 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 16 Jun 2012 01:52
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Language pack for globalization and localization
To support various language,
I think KendoUI need language pack system.

Current globalization supports only currency, number format and few label for calendar.

It's so hard to change default english label for buttons and messages.
Sometimes, It's hardcoded in kendo.js file.

It's much better to handle such things in one language file.
Not with individual configuration.
18 comments
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 17 Jul 2014 15:43
Special gratitude for the kendo-global project, Felipe! Hope we haven't hurt your feelings by not mentioning it, it was by far not intentional.
Felipe
Posted on: 17 Jul 2014 14:48
Finally Telerik did what kendo-global has been doing for years... But not a single mention, or thanks to kendo-global at all... sad :-( https://github.com/loudenvier/kendo-global
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 17 Jul 2014 14:32
Supported with Q2 2014, see more info in this help article: http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/getting-started/framework/localization/overview
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 04 Apr 2014 16:03
We are exploring the possibility for implementation of a language pack for localization of Kendo UI widgets messages within our Q2 2014 timeframe, due in mid summer.
Mario
Posted on: 03 Apr 2014 21:00
hi, we are considering using kendo ui in an i18n type of application. To override default messages for button, grid elements and so on isn't working for us. As Jon mentioned, this blows up the config for the elements :-/ We hope to see something coming in this area!
Jon
Posted on: 27 Feb 2014 01:55
This is becoming an issue for me as well.  Adding a huge block of localization configuration to each of my grids would be a nightmare.
Mike
Posted on: 03 Dec 2013 16:48
Hi, any update on this issue?
Andreas
Posted on: 18 Sep 2013 14:49
any news on this? Which release will contain localization support? 
Imported User
Posted on: 19 Jun 2013 15:04
Hi Atanas, do you have an idea about when you plan to extend globalization and localization for grids ??
Felipe
Posted on: 15 Nov 2012 22:08
I really think it is amazing that such thing is not already built in Kendo.UI from the start! Every single JavaScript framework out there is localizable! Even simple jQuery plugins are, most of them, localizable. This is a basic requirement that almost makes working with Kendo.UI impossible but for North American teams... But then, wouldn't it be possible to use default options for all controls (just like well-behaved jQuery plugins) with the localized values for the strings it uses and then the community could translate those configuration files and make them available for everyone? I'll elaborate a little more on this suggestion on the support forums to see if I'm in the right track.
Paweł
Posted on: 07 Nov 2012 08:37
Hi, I already know something about the extension translations?
mahmoud
Posted on: 13 Sep 2012 08:54
We need different calendars(like Hijri and ...) too! not just default Georgian calendar.If you don't have any information about different calendars no problem, just make it extensible then we extend it for our aimed calendars. I can help you if you need :)
Massimo
Posted on: 06 Sep 2012 22:30
Please do not forget Right-to-Left either.

I'm amazed a UI product did not have this from the begining. 
Babak
Posted on: 15 Aug 2012 02:15
I need RTL direction too. not only label text and message.
Imported User
Posted on: 11 Aug 2012 11:27
Any news here... I would like to use Kendo...but translation to German and French is needed
Paweł
Posted on: 03 Aug 2012 08:09
Useful when translating texts portal controls.
https://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/Default.aspx
I can also help in translating the controls to Polish.
Arnaud
Posted on: 24 Jul 2012 10:10
Good news, thanks for your work
Arnaud Viscusi
Vincent
Posted on: 22 Jun 2012 14:08
We need translation support for all of Kendo's strings, as well as our own strings.