Completed
Last Updated: 13 Jan 2016 17:53 by ADMIN
Joshua
Created on: 11 Apr 2012 09:32
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Disable dates in the calendar
It would be great if it is possible to disable certain dates in the calendar. Maybe if it is possible to pass an entire array with calendar-date-objects, it would be more convenient to disable dates or highlight certain dates.
e.g. CalendarDateObject could have 3 properties:
- CSS class (this style would be applied to that certain date)
- Disabled true/false; default = true (if disabled, date is not clickable)
- Footer text (When you hover over the date, you can see this text in the footer)

By using an array of objects, you don't have to check if a date is in a certain array to change the CSS-class of that date. In the way it is now implemented, you have to write all lines of code to check if the date is in an array.
6 comments
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 13 Jan 2016 17:53
Shipped in Q1 2016
Antonis
Posted on: 18 Mar 2015 10:30
+1 but also allow dynamic range, perhaps anonymous function to avoid having a huge array of dates, even if showing only one month...
Keith
Posted on: 20 Dec 2014 00:02
I like the idea of being able to disable dates from selection. I would prefer a crontab like expression that would dictate which dates to enable or disable. 

An example of sue case would be when  I already have a certain date, such as an airline flight departure date), and I must now select a date in the future or with a certain timeframe if there is a special.
Imported User
Posted on: 18 Dec 2014 11:51
Definitively a must-have feature. Sometimes we need to restrict selection to only group of days, of disallow selection in group. Right now I must other components for this.
Ryan
Posted on: 05 Aug 2013 18:04
Could this feature be rolled up into this more comprehensive request for DatePicker functionality?

http://feedback.kendoui.com/forums/127393-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/2606965-add-multiple-date-selection-more-events-to-calen
Maulik
Posted on: 15 May 2013 08:59
Yes, It is certainly useful. Many flight booking sites have calendar with this feature to restrict customer selecting available dates.