Completed
Last Updated: 03 Dec 2018 05:30 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 30 Oct 2011 07:36
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Toggle style buttons UI elements
Buttons that works like checkbox. First click it is on an highlighted second click it is off
14 comments
ADMIN
Joana
Posted on: 03 Dec 2018 05:30
Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'd like to mention that in R1 2019 we'll release a Kendo UI Switch outside of the Kendo Mobile suite. The widget will be visually the same, the properties will remain the same with the addition of readonly. It will also allow globalization of the labels and several additional methods. Keep an eye on the release notes and the documentation.

I agree that ToggleButton will be a nice fit to the Kendo UI suite. Prior to release, we evaluate the demand for such requests and based on that it's included in planning. This thread will be updated once there is more information on the topic.

Regards,
Joana
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Joe
Posted on: 26 Nov 2018 03:56
Thanks for the implementation of the switch.

It would be great if a toggle button could also be implemented, because a toggle button is not a switch or check-box. A toggle is more like a radio, in that it can only hold one value, compared to your switch which  can hold more. I thought you already had one?
Casimodo
Posted on: 13 Jul 2015 20:14
Thanks for the implementation of the switch.

It would be great if a toggle button could also be implemented, because a toggle button is not a switch or check-box.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 11 Apr 2014 14:13
This is supported both on mobile and desktop (the latter since version Q1 2014) via the switch widget:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/web/mobile/switch.html
Kjartan Valur
Posted on: 24 Jan 2014 10:16
Please make available for desktop also
Imported User
Posted on: 15 Jan 2014 07:39
Hi,
I want radio button like yes, no and both (default is Yes). When i go and click "yes", the data items present in yes should list out, same as no and for both it should display yes and no both.
It should be in web format. Can any one help me out for this.

Thanks in advance :)
Yamuna
Homam
Posted on: 21 Oct 2013 09:23
Yes, I want all the controls to get the same theme.
Jason
Posted on: 08 Oct 2013 19:17
toggle switch please!
Michael Sogos
Posted on: 17 Aug 2013 11:16
We need a toggle/switch button for web suite too.
Imported User
Posted on: 19 Jun 2013 16:09
Yes, please!  For the web suite.  This allows us to keep a consistent look and feel using the Kendo theme rather than trying to build a custom jQuery toggle (or using the one in jQuery UI) and trying to style it to look link Kendo
Imported User
Posted on: 17 Aug 2012 17:33
I agree this would be just as, if not more useful in the web suite. Toggle buttons and Toggle button bars are fundamental application controls. Competing opensource frameworks like Twitter bootstrap and JQueryUI already support this
Imported User
Posted on: 03 Aug 2012 17:14
Agreed - want for desktop.  Want to get rid of JqueryUI dependency.
Vesselin
Posted on: 11 Nov 2011 04:00
Please make available on the desktop as well. This is an extremely desired feature not only for mobile but on the desktop as well. In the current app I'm building using the Telerik MVC Controls, the wireframes I have been given are all made using those controls and my boss was a little disappointed that such toggle wasn't natively available so I had to go get a jQuery plugin to do that against my will because I would much rather like to stick with one framework rather than mix and match (and having to have matching jQuery UI and Telerik/Kendo styles/themes).

A lot of us turn to Telerik for the pure quality of the software made (well I'm personally also really biased for patriotic reasons but that's besides the point ;) so we would rather use Telerik software above anything else so give us damn toggles on the desktop too!!! ;)
Sergey
Posted on: 04 Nov 2011 05:45
Why not for desktop? I mean for me on my project I need this button in administrative part of the site. That would not good to use Kendo but create this small element by self.