Completed
Last Updated: 23 Mar 2015 17:35 by ADMIN
Roberto
Created on: 16 Sep 2011 13:57
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Schedule View
[Edited] Create a schedule view widget in Kendo UI Web.
46 comments
Imported User
Posted on: 18 Jul 2013 13:22
There is bug in scheduler. Goto http://demos.kendoui.com/web/scheduler/selection.html and try to move event. After move cell that is nearest top of that event is getting selected.
This probably shouldn't be happening.
ADMIN
Brandon
Posted on: 17 Jul 2013 19:37
Implemented in Beta for the Q2 2013 release.
Benjamin Lin
Posted on: 30 Jun 2013 09:31
I am choosing between Sencha and Kendo for our next platform.  I like the lightness of Kendo but lack of gantt and scheduler Bryntum is really a show stopper.  Please do add ASAP!
Adam
Posted on: 19 Jun 2013 08:12
Hes, Bryntum example looks fine, it would be nice to have something like this.
Please share some ideas about this!
Trevor
Posted on: 16 May 2013 16:12
This will be huge.  I just had a great idea for an app that is based on a scheduling tool.

This will be awesome to have.  I was looking at having to purchase sencha to do my project and I REALLY didn't want to do that.
Arjen
Posted on: 26 Apr 2013 22:18
Glad to hear that your're working on a scheduler widget. Please share some details as soon as you make some progress on this! 
Imported User
Posted on: 26 Apr 2013 16:38
Will this control work on an iPad and support drag/drop?
Imported User
Posted on: 24 Apr 2013 16:27
Thanks a lot for the update Brandon.  I can't wait to see what the team produces.
Wa
Posted on: 24 Apr 2013 16:19
I just can't wait...
MichaƂ
Posted on: 24 Apr 2013 16:16
It's great news that you start working on this feature! Good luck!
Tony
Posted on: 17 Apr 2013 19:49
Guess I'll latch on to the waiting list and add a few requests while I'm at it!

Year view with full drill down capabilities
Flexible, multiple JSON calendar data hookups (re Full Calendar)
Provide an easy way to create custom form linkage from date in the calendar with date and custom parameters from the json data
Resource views
Import and export in  iCal format
Mobile version!!!!
Drag user defined events to the calendar (with ajax DB inserts)

I'm sure there's more and I'm sure it's going to be a really great tool when it's done.

Thanks

Imported User
Posted on: 15 Apr 2013 11:14
Take look at this product: http://www.bryntum.com/products/scheduler/
It would be nice to have similar functionality.
Not all at start, but horizontal and vertical view, drag creation, ability to change resolution.
I think everyone are waiting for this component, especially that Kendo is much faster!!!
Imported User
Posted on: 09 Apr 2013 16:19
Is there anything else you guys can share on this plug-in?  It would be really nice to know if this is going to be released in Q2 or Q3 of this year.  Thanks.
MWalsh
Posted on: 08 Apr 2013 18:16
I wanted to add to this thread that I am also wanting a KendoUI scheduler widget that can tie to a Sharepoint calendar datasource.   This would be ideal and help round out the toolset.
Ali
Posted on: 02 Apr 2013 20:10
Please also make sure it will have timelines/resource view and responsive
Yelong
Posted on: 14 Mar 2013 21:31
Can we see it in current preview.
Reny
Posted on: 07 Mar 2013 14:08
Any updates on the kendo ui 's scheduler
Mathias
Posted on: 06 Mar 2013 13:47
How is the evaluating for a 2013 release going?
Is it going to be released?
Phil
Posted on: 04 Mar 2013 10:21
I have entire LOB apps built around the radScheduler control, and I am effectively locked out of Kendo until this is available. Given that I have to relearn everything to use Kendo (I wouldn't know MVC from KFC, I just do code behind) I may just as well use some other suite that has this functionality
Alan Mosley
Posted on: 26 Feb 2013 16:09
Any news on the schedule
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 22 Feb 2013 16:11
Scheduler widget is tenatively scheduled for the second half of this year. At this juncture we cannot provide any further details or estimates.
Alon
Posted on: 20 Feb 2013 18:52
Any update from the Kendo/Telerik folks on this? 

I am not happy with using an aspx file inside my MVC4\razor application. I may try out
"DHTMLX Scheduler .NET" as it seems to have most of the features I need. While I have been using Telerik products since 2008 (WinForms, WPF, and an old MVC3 app), I think it is time to move away from my reliance on them, especially for asp.net MVC apps. I am not at all happy with the Kendo documentation and lack of controls.
Bruno Larose
Posted on: 20 Feb 2013 12:57
this component is very important for our product, please include it as soon as possible
Basem
Posted on: 18 Jan 2013 15:57
FullCalendar is the best jQuery calendar / scheduler so far: http://goo.gl/RgSY

Also there is another one but on Sencha Ext JS and it's a 3rd party plugin: http://goo.gl/WFjPb

Nothing beats the AJAX RadControl Scheduler, but that's on a dying technology. This widget would be a heavy hitter if Kendo entered this game.
Ian
Posted on: 20 Dec 2012 12:05
I need to migrate an ASP.NET app that uses Telerik's existing AJAX Scheduler control to MVC/HTML5 early in 2013. I'm currently researching other jQuery calendar/scheduler controls - a Kendo scheduler widget would be perfect. 
Jonathan
Posted on: 14 Nov 2012 18:01
+1 Responsive mobile friendly version
Jonathan
Posted on: 14 Nov 2012 18:00
Please next quarter, please!
Placido
Posted on: 13 Nov 2012 22:01
An schedule component is essential for our projects. I will buy KendoUI when it will be realesed.
Daniel
Posted on: 27 Sep 2012 19:42
An HTML5 schedule view controls is required for our adoption of this framework, as for LOB applications written in any language, a schedule view of some kind is essential.
Manish
Posted on: 10 Sep 2012 15:58
As soon as you can get this into the KendoUI the better...Also please make a Mobile version :)
Imported User
Posted on: 18 Aug 2012 14:00
I won't be buying Kendo UI until there is a Scheduler control, simple as that.
Neeraj
Posted on: 16 Aug 2012 03:29
Absolute necessary! 
Mathias
Posted on: 06 Aug 2012 12:30
This is a very important component for me. I develop a lot of planning systems and scheduling and resource planning is a fundamental part. Now I have to use other frameworks or the Ajax Scheduler. But I dont want to use other frameworks and I want to develop systems that are 100% HTML5. Right now there aren't any available option. If you on Telerik develop a scheduler component for KendoUI you will be unique on the market and get a huge number of new customers. I can assure you!
Dennis
Posted on: 01 Aug 2012 15:13
This is a must have feature for me and many developers I know. Last year you said not that soon. Demand is high, votes are high, can we get some updated feedback about implementing this in a near future release fom the Kendo UI team?
imcmullon
Posted on: 20 Jul 2012 21:49
Key for me too - Bryntum / ExtJS appears to be the most functional, but we don't want to introduce another framework! Kendo UI and Mobile is far easier to work with... A Kendoui Scheduling control would be fantastic...
Kelly
Posted on: 14 Jul 2012 20:13
We are in need of a Scheduler control for ASP.Net MVC, as well.  It is unfortunate that we will have to go with another control vendor to continue development after we have invested in Telerik ( by the way we are a long time Infragistics shop and made the switch to Telerik because we thought they were ahead in web controls. We will be watching closely for who releases a scheduler control and may need to rethink our decision)
Bryan
Posted on: 11 Jul 2012 22:42
The Silverlight scheduler control would be awesome to have in KendoUI
Imported User
Posted on: 24 May 2012 20:36
This functionality is absolutely necessary.  I will purchase my license when this becomes available.
aa aa
Posted on: 24 May 2012 18:32
Schedule is needed
Matt
Posted on: 26 Mar 2012 02:40
Just would like to add another request to the list, as tweeted, would purchase a number of licenses, but would need this control. I think it is an enterprise feature that can't be lived without.
Maurice
Posted on: 26 Mar 2012 01:35
This would be a huge gain for me. 
Currently writing MVC app with KendoUI and need scheduler functionality. 
As the MVC controls dont not have this either I am looking at either implementing myself or having another WebForms site just so I can iFrame in this control.
Andrew McClenaghan
Posted on: 02 Mar 2012 01:03
It would be great to have this in Mobile as I am planning something similar to Sched.org and need something with drag drop support on iPad, Android tablets and Windows.
Mark Wittek
Posted on: 01 Dec 2011 10:20
We need a scheduler or schedule view control too.
We want to switch from silverlight to HTML5 and switch our business applications.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 22 Nov 2011 18:26
For now you can use our AJAX scheduler with web service binding. Kendo UI scheduler is not planned in the near future.
Imported User
Posted on: 18 Nov 2011 16:41
This one is a big one for me. I'm building a patient scheduling system for my main product CabMD and I'm stuck using the ASP.NET AJAX Scheduling control when I really want something lean and clean and able to use in ASP.NET MVC.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 20 Sep 2011 17:33
Not yet, but we will have it mind for the releases to come.